After speaking with the doctor several times, finally they suggested we try treating it as a cow's milk allergy and they've been prescribed 'Milupa Pepti 1' milk - so far, we're seeing no changes in his poop habits.
However, this last week we've seen symptoms of what seems to be Reflux. It appears that after 2 weeks on the prescribed Milupa, Jake is not taking it well.
Last night he was sick in his bed and on us after his bed time bottle at 6:30pm.
What symptoms does he have?
- Crying after taking his bottle
- Arching back and stiffening his legs
- Needing to be burped (and in some cases fart!)
- Bringing up milk repeatedly after a feed
- Crying when put down on his back
- Hiccups throughout the day
What are we trying to do to prevent & combat this?
- We have changed his teat flow to allow him more control (and at night we use a slow flow to avoid him gulping it down).
- We stop him during feeds to rest a little and wind him - he doesn't like this and will always cry/moan
- We sit him upright to feed, rather than inclined in our arms
- After the feed, we wind him for a while and keep him sat upright for at least 5/10 minutes after that
Lots of people have said 'just switch to the comfort milk' but whilst we're doing the 4 weeks to rule out the cow's milk allergy, on the prescribed Milupa, we can't do this. We also think it's the Milupa that has brought it on to begin with, as reflux was not an issue before.
|@mummybexm - our poorly boy this evening|
Does anyone else have any tips or ideas re: Reflux?