Becoming a parent for the first time is an amazing milestone. It is one that only a few years ago, Hubby and I didn't think would happen for us. We thought we'd never be able to afford to have a baby, after Luke was made redundant twice in a row and has had to work for agencies over and over.
So, we are very grateful to become parents and have a lovely little boy - but it has definitely changed us!
But it's not just us that has changed - our home has too!
Here are 5 ways our home has changed since Jake joined the family:
- Less storage space - we live in a small, 2 bedroom apartment so we had to cut one wardrobe in order to fit Jake's furniture in. This has been tough! But, we've been able to compensate by having a good clear out and donating to the British Heart Foundation and Kemp Hospice.
- More clutter - we seem to be creating 'piles of things' everywhere. Mainly our things, like clothes and linen for Jake. We also seem to be creating piles of toys, but I bought a faux leather tidy box from Wilkinsons to keep them tidy.
- More photos - we now have plenty of photos on the wall. They are almost all of Jake, but our wedding photo canvas remains.
- Less TV & film - we barely watch anything now, and certainly not when it airs live. Everything we watch is recorded on Sky+ or on bluray (and watched in chunks).
- A clock - Hubby and I have never had a clock. Not once. We don't like to watch time tick by. Since having Jake we've bought a clock for the kitchen because we're always asking each other, 'what time is it?', 'when did he have his bottle?, and 'what time did he go to sleep?'
You know what? I wouldn't have it any other way - he's a beautiful addition to our home; he makes it complete.